|April 5, 2020||
Instructions for Downloading HWMR to use for the week of April 6th:
Upcoming Events and Prayer Items:
● All church gatherings will be virtual (by video conferencing) until further notice, including service coordination meetings, sisters’ gatherings, and small group gatherings.
● Group Gathering – Coordinating Ones:
o Chinese-speaking – Nick Yang and David Shih
o Downtown – Wayne Dower and David Shih
o Hyde Park – Brian Lutz
o Irving Park – Jeff Fearn
o Korean-speaking – Don Kim
o North Shore – Charlie Azzarello
o Spanish-speaking – Thomas Figueroa and Alex Restrepo
o All Others – Charlie Azzarello
- ageturners.org – Helpful content for young people
- beseeching.org – Key prayer matters and updates
- gtca.us – Updates on GTCA burdens and sowing trips
- lsmchristianradio.com – LSM Internet Radio
- shepherdingwords.com – Critical issues facing the recovery
- Ministry Digest available at www.livingstream.com (search for “ministry digest”)
Ways to Make Offerings to the Church in Chicago
1 Cor. 16:2 – On the first day of the week each one of you should lay aside in store to himself whatever he may have been prospered, that no collections be made when I come.
2 Cor. 9:7 – Each one as he has purposed in his heart, not out of sorrow or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver.
In this current climate, we encourage the saints to be before the Lord, in light of individual circumstances, to remember the giving to the church. We look to the Lord in faith for all the on-going expenses of the church.
The saints can give offerings to the church in the follow ways:
1. Mail checks to the bookstore (payable to “Church in Chicago”)
a. Mail to: 3931 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60618
2. Venmo (easiest method)
a. Install the Venmo app on your mobile device
b. Launch the app
c. Follow the setup instructions to create an account and add either 1) your bank account or 2) credit card.
d. Send payment to @ChurchinChicago.
e. Key Note – In keeping with the principle in Matthew 6, it is strongly recommended that the saints edit their privacy settings as follows:
i. Tap the menu at the upper-left corner (three horizontal lines)
ii. Go to Settings
iii. Go to Privacy
iv. Select “Private”
3. Autopay (i.e., billpay) by bank – Saints currently using this method may continue to do so.
4. Zelle (via banking apps from Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, etc.) – please send to the email “firstname.lastname@example.org”.