|November 22, 2020||
Upcoming Events and Prayer Matters:
All church gatherings will be virtual (by video conferencing) until further notice. If you’re not attached to a group, please contact one of the coordinating brothers listed below.
- Thanksgiving Conference from November 26 to 29 will be by Zoom this year. The meeting schedule is below:
- Message 1 – Thursday, Nov. 26 @ 7p CT
- Message 2 – Friday @ 10a
- Message 3 – Friday @ 7p
- Message 4 – Saturday @ 10a
- Message 5 – Saturday @ 7p
- Message 6 – Lord’s Day following Lord’s Table meeting @ 9:30a
- Winter Training from Dec. 22 to 30 will be by Zoom. Registration deadline is Lord’s Day December 6 via this website: https://tinyurl.com/Chiwebcasttraining. Please contact Charlie Azzarello if you have any questions.
- Safety and Care in This Time – As coronavirus cases in this country continue to rise, please practice the highest safety measures and pray that the Lord will fully gain what He is after for His economy during this time.
Neighborhood/Language Coordinating Brothers
- Chinese-speaking – Rocky Xu
- Downtown – Wayne Dower and David Shih
- Hyde Park – Brian Lutz
- Irving Park – Jeff Fearn
- Korean-speaking – Don Kim
- North Shore – Charlie Azzarello
- Spanish-speaking – Thomas Figueroa and Alex Restrepo
- All Others – Charlie Azzarello
- Audio Files for Br. Minoru’s May 3rd Fellowship: https://tinyurl.com/y7q6oae9
- biblesforamerica.org – the website has gospel tools we can use, such as tracts we can send electronically
- unceasinglypray.org to sign up to pray for the Lord’s interests
- ageturners.org – Helpful content for young people
- gtca.us – Updates on GTCA burdens and sowing trips
- lsmchristianradio.com – LSM Internet Radio
- shepherdingwords.com – Critical issues facing the recovery
- Ministry Digest available at www.livingstream.com (search for “ministry digest”)
Instructions for Downloading HWMR:
- For Apple devices: 1) Open the Books app and go to the bookstore; 2) search for “Holy Word for Morning Revival”; 3) the Crystallization Study of Jeremiah and Lamentations should be available for purchase. After purchase, the book is viewable in the Books app.
- For Android devices: 1) Open the Play Books app; 2) search for “Holy Word for Morning Revival”; 3) the Crystallization Study of Jeremiah and Lamentations should be available for purchase. After purchase, the book is viewable in the Play Books app.
- For any device (including PC): 1) Install the Kindle app; 2) go to the Kindle or Amazon store in a web browser and log in to your Amazon account; 3) search for “Holy Word for Morning Revival”; 4) purchase Vol. 2 and go back to the Kindle app to view the book (after logging in to Amazon account).
Ways to Make Offerings to the Church in Chicago
1 Cor. 16:2 – On the first day of the week each one of you should lay aside in store to himself whatever he may have been prospered, that no collections be made when I come.
2 Cor. 9:7 – Each one as he has purposed in his heart, not out of sorrow or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver.
In this current climate, we encourage the saints to be before the Lord, in light of individual circumstance, to remember the giving to the church. We look to the Lord in faith for all the on-going expenses of the church.
The saints can give offerings to the church in the following ways:
- Checks Make your check payable to “Church in Chicago” and mail to Chicago Bibles & Books at 3931 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60618
- Venmo (easiest method)
a. Install the Venmo app on your mobile device
b. Launch the app
c. Follow the setup instructions to create an account and add either 1) your bank account or 2) credit card.
d. Send payment to @ChurchinChicago.
e. Key Note – In keeping with the principle in Matthew 6, it is strongly recommended that the saints edit their privacy settings as follows:
i. Tap the menu at the upper-left corner (three horizontal lines)
ii. Go to Settings
iii. Go to Privacy
iv. Select “Private”
- Autopay (i.e., billpay) by bank – Saints currently using this method may continue to do so.
- Zelle (via banking apps from Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, etc.) – please send to the email “email@example.com” but this is not the same email address for the church in Chicago. Make sure you are using the correct address before making your payment.