|May 2, 2021||
Upcoming Events and Prayer Matters:
All church gatherings will be virtual (by video conferencing) until further notice. If you’re not attached to a group, please contact one of the coordinating brothers listed below.
- Memorial Day Conference will be conducted on Zoom as we have had the conference and trainings in the past year. The messages will be broadcast at set times according to the following schedule (same for all time zones):
|Message 1:||7:00pm||Friday May 28th|
|Message 2:||10:00am||Saturday May 29th|
|Message 3:||7:00pm||Saturday May 29th|
|Message 4:||9:30am||Lord’s Day May 30th, beginning with Lord’s Table|
|Message 5:||7:00pm||Lord’s Day May 30th|
|Message 6:||10:00am||Monday May 31st|
- 2021 July (Semi-Annual) Training will be held virtually from July 5 through July 14. Please register here: https://tinyurl.com/CHIWEBCASTTRNNG. The training donation may be paid via any of the methods we make our offerings. The registration deadline is Lord’s Day, June 20 by 2pm. Please pray for a fresh revelation and revival both individually and corporately.
- GTCA Webinar – On May 8 at 4p CDT, there will be a webinar regarding the Lord’s move in the U.S.
- Flea Market Bible Distribution has resumed. Saints can sign up to join a time slot here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13keztEpTQ0n6SiAw6h_FENXHqYOBAvzb9-C9Vs4J5Mo/edit?usp=sharing
- Bookstore Inventory – The bookstore will be taking inventory starting May 10th and continuing through May 31st. Please come help during this time, even if only for a couple of hours. Please contact Barb Azzarello if you can help.
- Bookstore Service – If there are any saints who would like to volunteer at the bookstore, we often have a need for ones to fill in and/or even serve regularly. Please contact Barbara Azzarello or Shelly Sims if you can help – young people are welcome! We will pair them up with older saints.
- Bibles for America Van – The BFA van is available to for gospel outreach. Saints who would like to use the van should contact Jose Navarrete or Tim Liu.
- Summer School of Truth – SSoT (for rising 6th through 12th graders) is scheduled to be held from June 18 – July 3, 2021. An email with registration details will be sent soon.
Neighborhood/Language Coordinating Brothers
- Chinese-speaking – Rocky Xu
- Downtown – Wayne Dower and David Shih
- Hyde Park – Brian Lutz
- Irving Park – Jeff Fearn
- Korean-speaking – Don Kim
- North Shore – Charlie Azzarello
- Spanish-speaking – Thomas Figueroa and Alex Restrepo
- All Others – Charlie Azzarello
- The BFA blog website: https://blog.biblesforamerica.org/ with blogs and videos
- biblesforamerica.org – the website has gospel tools we can use, such as tracts we can send electronically
- unceasinglypray.org to sign up to pray for the Lord’s interests
- ageturners.org – Helpful content for young people
- gtca.us – Video updates on the 10 cities
- lsmchristianradio.com – LSM Internet Radio
- shepherdingwords.com – Critical issues facing the recovery
- Ministry Digest available at www.livingstream.com (search for “ministry digest”)
Instructions for Downloading HWMR:
- For Apple devices: 1) Open the Books app and go to the bookstore; 2) search for “Holy Word for Morning Revival”; 3) Crystallization-Study of Job Proverbs Ecclesiastes Volume 2 should be available for purchase. After purchase, the book is viewable in the Books app.
- For Android devices: 1) Open the Play Books app; 2) search for “Holy Word for Morning Revival”; 3) Crystallization-Study of Job Proverbs Ecclesiastes Volume 2 should be available for purchase. After purchase, the book is viewable in the Play Books app.
- For any device (including PC): 1) Install the Kindle app; 2) go to the Kindle or Amazon store in a web browser and log in to your Amazon account; 3) search for “Holy Word for Morning Revival”; 4) purchase Crystallization-Study of Job Proverbs Ecclesiastes Volume 2 and go back to the Kindle app to view the book (after logging into Amazon account).
Ways to Make Offerings to the Church in Chicago
1 Cor. 16:2 – On the first day of the week each one of you should lay aside in store to himself whatever he may have been prospered, that no collections be made when I come.
2 Cor. 9:7 – Each one as he has purposed in his heart, not out of sorrow or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver.
In this current climate, we encourage the saints to be before the Lord, in light of individual circumstance, to remember the giving to the church. We look to the Lord in faith for all the on-going expenses of the church.
The saints can give offerings to the church in the following ways:
- Checks Make your check payable to “Church in Chicago” and mail to Chicago Bibles & Books at 3931 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60618
- Venmo (easiest method)
a. Install the Venmo app on your mobile device
b. Launch the app
c. Follow the setup instructions to create an account and add either 1) your bank account or 2) credit card.
d. Send payment to @ChurchinChicago.
e. Key Note – In keeping with the principle in Matthew 6, it is strongly recommended that the saints edit their privacy settings as follows:
i. Tap the menu at the upper-left corner (three horizontal lines)
ii. Go to Settings
iii. Go to Privacy
iv. Select “Private”
- Autopay (i.e., billpay) by bank – Saints currently using this method may continue to do so.
- Zelle (via banking apps from Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, etc.) – please send to the email “firstname.lastname@example.org” but this is not the same email address for the church in Chicago. Make sure you are using the correct address before making your payment.